Click here to watch a YouTube Video entitled : How to Install WINK
DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING WINK ON YOUR COMPUTER
- Go to www.downloadwink.com
- Click on "Free 30-day Trial"
- If you are already a WINK user then click the link "Already a user of WINKpms? Click here!"
- Follow the on-screen instructions (fill out the information and click Download for Windows or Download for Mac, depending on your computer)
- A file will download to your computer. You need to click on the file that is downloaded to start the installation on your PC. Follow the steps and WINK will launch automatically once it's been installed on your computer
- For Mac users: The WINK application will be downloaded into your Mac's downloads folder. Move the app to your applications folder and launch it from there.
- TO CONNECT TO AN EXISTING DATABASE: if you've previously installed WINK on another PC, in order for the WINK software on different PC's to be connected to the same database, you must re-enter the exact same email address and the "exact same security answer" as you provided upon creating your database for the first time:
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- For WINK to work properly on any computer, please make sure that your computer meets our Minimum System Requirements
- If your computer meets our minimum system requirements, but you feel that WINK is running very slow, please read this article for some helpful tips: WINK is Slow on my computer
- Do not share the information that allows connection to your database. If WINK must be installed on another computer, do it yourself or ask a trusted IT to do it for you.
- Do not install WINK on your staff's personnal computer. If they need to work from home, provide them with a company computer that you can take back at anytime.
- In a very exceptional situation where an employee must download and use WINK on their personal computer, make sure you previously created them a user profile with a password. This way, if they are no longer part of your organisation, by deactivating their user profile, they will lose access to your database.
You may need to uninstall and subsequently re-install WINK with the proper credentials:
- If you try to install WINK without the credentials (email and answer to security question)
- If you are now having trouble accessing your database
Folllow these 2 steps to UNINSTALL WINK:
- Uninstall WINK from "Programs and Features"
- Close WINK
- Click on Microsoft Windows Start >> Control Panel
- In Programs and Features >> Select WINK >> right click on WINK
- Select Uninstall >> follow your on-screen instructions
- Go to Microsoft Windows File Explorer >> This PC >> Local Disk (C:)
- Select the “POV” folder” >> right click on POV folder >> click on delete
- Follow on-screen instructions.
STEPS 1 AND 2 MUST ABOVE MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER TO UNINSTALL WINK ENTIRELY